Message to Presenters
We are pleased to announce that all sessions submitted have been awarded Category 1 CME for the 2016 PAEA Education Forum! This means that an attendee can earn up to 17.25 hours of Category 1 CME this year. As in the past, evaluations will be available on the mobile app allowing you to log your CME.
Give your presentation exposure! You have the choice to share your presentation prior to the Forum and add any supporting documents (outline, sound bites, etc.). If you are presenting a poster, you are not required to upload your poster but are encouraged to upload a PDF of your poster and/or any supporting documents you may have.
- All presenters are required to upload their presentation in order to guarantee that it will be available on the presentation laptop. Please ensure that all links are functional.
- While these materials will be available on your presentation laptop in Minneapolis, it is always a good idea to bring an extra copy on a USB flash drive.
- Be sure to upload your presentation by September 30. You may make changes to your presentation after submission and bring the revised presentation on a USB flash drive the day of your session.
- Each session has an assigned moderator who will introduce your session, keep you on time, track attendance, and evaluate the session. At the beginning of the presentation, they will introduce themselves to you and then sit in the back of the room. They are there to assist you, so please rely on them.
- All correspondence regarding proposals will be sent only to the primary contacts. Please forward information you receive about your presentation to your co-presenter(s), if applicable.
- Presenters are responsible for their own travel, hotel arrangements, and associated costs. Registration for the Education Forum is not included with an accepted proposal.
- If you are attending the Forum only to present, or if you have additional questions about your presentation, please contact Forum@PAEAonline.org.
Develop a single idea (or tightly-bound set of ideas) that relates to PA education with the intention of provoking thoughtful discussion, inspiring new thinking, and cultivating innovation and positive change. The format is a 15-minute talk in the style of a TED presentation.
Provide an interactive setting for exploring and brainstorming an identified issue or problem with the goal of sharing ideas and identifying possible solutions. These sessions break into small groups for discussion, brainstorming, exploring, and exchanging ideas on a specific problem, issue, or challenge.
New this year, you may have a facilitator that can question the panelists for a more interactive session. Please note that each presentation is 40 minutes followed by 10 minutes for questions and discussion. Please plan to arrive at the room approximately 10 minutes before the session is to begin and find the moderator. The moderator will introduce the session, and you will introduce the presenters. The panelists are listed in the final program and on the mobile app. If you choose to have a facilitator, please contact Forum@PAEAonline.org and we will add the facilitator to the program as well.
Provide information in a lecture format on a specific topic, particular educational findings, or observed experiences. The goal is to share, propose, or report findings that may be of interest to PA educators.
Please note that each presentation is 100 minutes followed by 10 minutes for questions and discussion. Please plan to arrive at the room approximately 10 minutes before the session is to begin and find the moderator. The moderator will introduce the session, and you will introduce the presenters. Up to two presenters, including the lead, are listed in the final program and on the mobile app. Facilitators for sessions are not listed.
Please note that your presentation is one of two faculty research briefs scheduled for presentation within the same 50-minute time block. Each presentation will be 15 minutes long followed by 5 minutes for discussion. Please plan to arrive at the beginning of the 50-minute block, if possible.
- Finished posters can be as large as 90 inches wide by 40 inches high. They will be displayed on horizontal poster boards 8 feet wide by 4 feet high (96 inches wide by 48 inches high).
- Posters may be uploaded to the PAEA mobile app (link at top of page), but it is not required. Any handouts or information may be uploaded as well.
- Poster set-up is Thursday, October 13, anytime between 3:00 – 9:00 p.m. Posters will be on display in the Grand Ballroom Foyer until Friday, October 14, at 11:00 a.m.
- Poster presentations are scheduled in conjunction with a breakfast on Friday, October 14, from 7:30 – 8:20 a.m.
- Poster presenters/authors are asked to arrive by 7:15 a.m. Authors are to stand by poster and be available for questions or comments. There is not a formal presentation scheduled.
- Posters are numbered by PAEA and available in the program and on the mobile app. Please find your number to display your poster.
- All posters were submitted under categories: Educational Innovation, Original Research, or Student. Please display your format category on your poster board.
- If you are not able to personally present your poster, please contact Reneé Despot at rdespot@PAEAonline.org to let her know who will be presenting your poster.
- Breakdown begins at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, October 14, and must be completed by 1:30 p.m. that day. PAEA cannot guarantee the condition of posters remaining after this time.